Skip to main content

Obaseki Rounds Off Campaign In Edo North, Vows To End Godfatherism

 The Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the September 19, 2020 gubernatorial election, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has concluded his ward-to-ward reelection campaign in Edo North Senatorial District with a promise to protect the interests of majority of the people and bring an end to godfatherism, which he said is a threat to the growth and development of the state.

Obaseki made the promise while speaking to party faithful in Ward 7, Etsako West Local Government Area, on Sunday, and called on the people to support him in the fight against godfatherism by voting en masse for the PDP in the forthcoming governorship poll.


The governor said that the progress of the state had been held down for too long by the godfather, adding: “In three years and a half, my eyes have seen a lot in Government. We need people who know what they are doing in Government. We want to stop all this nonsense so that we can create more jobs and a better future for our people.”

According to him, “The election of September 19, 2020 is a very serious one; on that day, we have to tell them that Edo must move forward and bring an end to godfatherism.”


In Iddo Ward 8, Etsako West Local Government Area, Governor Obaseki thanked leaders of the party and members of his campaign team for their time and sacrifices throughout the campaign which began two weeks ago.

He also urged the people to defend their votes, promising to resolve the lingering kingship tussle in Afokpella.


On his part, Chairman of Edo State PDP Campaign Council, Chief Dan Orbih, urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to ensure that the people’s votes count in the September 19, 2020 election in the state.


“As we conclude our campaign tour of Edo North Senatorial District, I want to send a very strong message to INEC. From what we have observed in the 64 Wards in Edo North, it is clear that Edo people are ready to vote for Governor Godwin Obaseki. I want to appeal to INEC to ensure that the votes of the people count in this election.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EndSARS: Protesters In New York Want SARS Operatives Sacked

 Hundreds of young anti-SARS protesters on Sunday stormed the Nigeria House in New York demanding transparency in the disbandment of the police unit back home. The protesters said operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad found wanting should be sacked and not redeployed. Among them was Stephen “Papi” Ojo, the artist, model, and choreographer who stole the show as the ‘blue-guy’ in Beyoncé’s “Already” music video. The protest started shortly after the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, announced the dissolution of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad. Adamu also announced plans for a new arrangement to address anticipated policing gaps following the disbandment, and the constitution of an investigative team to probe the alleged cases of rights violations, among others. But the protesters, who bore placards with different inscriptions including, “We no want audio ban”, said they were not buying it. They argued that previous commitments announced by the force to change...

How Soldiers Police Fled Abandoning Delta Community Residents During Bloody Robbery Incident

There was pandemonium in Issele-Uku branch, headquarters of Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta state on Tuesday as some armed robbers attacked a branch of United Bank for Africa (UBA) in the town. A eyewitness said the robbers gained entrance into the bank after using explosives suspected to be dynamite to blast the bullet-proof door.  According to the eyewitness, the robbers spent over one hour on the operation. He disclosed that no fewer than four persons were killed in the robbery attack. The eyewitness said security operatives around the area refused to show up until the robbers had left. “This attack is a reoccurring one in the community. Yesterday, they robbed for an hour and the police didn't show up, neither did the army nor the community vigilantes until they left, that was when they showed up as usual. “I counted about four bodies, the police station is about a minute drive from the scene of the robbery, while the NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) orientation ...

Biden Announces Purchase Of 200M Vaccine Doses

  President Joe Biden announced a series of measures on Tuesday aimed at ramping up coronavirus vaccine allocation and distribution, including the purchase of 200 million more vaccine doses and increased distribution to states by millions of doses next week. With those additional doses, Biden said there would be enough to fully vaccinate 300 million Americans -- nearly the entire US population -- by the end of summer or early fall. He described efforts to combat Covid-19 as a "wartime undertaking." We now have a national strategy to beat Covid-19. It's comprehensive. It's based on science, not politics. It's based on truth, not denial, and it is detailed," he said. As part of the new efforts announced Tuesday, the US will buy 100 million more doses from Pfizer/BioNTech and 100 million more from Moderna -- the two-dose vaccines that have been granted emergency use authorization by the US Food and Drug Administration. Pfizer and Moderna are working to step up p...