Skip to main content

Dismissed Soldier Leads Kidnappers, Kills Five-Year-Old Boy After Collecting N5million

 


 It was learnt that Lance Corporal Sani was dismissed from the Nigerian Army about five years ago for armed robbery, but the military authorities failed to hand him over to the police for prosecution.

It was gathered from a witness that the dismissed soldier abducted the five-year-old boy, identified only as Muhammad, last week.

Sources said the gang had reached out to the parents, who agreed to come with a ransom of N5 million.

It was learnt that after the money was paid, Muhammad was still killed because he reportedly recognised the dismissed soldier, Sani, who took him away to the kidnappers.

The incident was shared on Twitter by a witness, Olusegun Ogunyemi, who narrated that the dismissed soldier and the boy’s family were neighbours and the boy was killed because he recognised Sani.

He said, “Face of evil...Galadima, who kidnapped and killed his neighbours son after collecting N5 million ransom. No more under the army, he was booted out of the service long ago according to findings. The The little boy named Muhammad was reportedly kidnapped last week by his neighbour. His parents paid N5 million, but he was still killed because he recognised the neighbour that took him to the kidnappers. Please be very careful. There are evil and dangerous people out there.

“He is not a serving army personnel, he is not a senior officer, but on the other rank. He was sent out of service for armed robbery some years back,” a commentator replied.

“Point of correction, he was a lance corporal. 'One rope' by army standard, he is not even ranked but 'appointed' note; this is one of those rogues in uniform that make Nigerians think that army officers have a hand in insecurities in Nigeria,” another said.

“Nigeria is a crime scene. The culture and religions encourage crime. How can a man be released from the army for armed robbery to the civilian world without sending him to jail? Forgiving criminals of their evil art without consequences breeds a society full of criminals,” another commentator lamented.

“Sent out of the army for robbery and he wasn't jailed. They made it possible for him to kill that child,” another Nigerian wrote.

“Point of correction. He was a dismissed army personnel, not a serving army officer. The incident happened in my community,” another commentator, Rilwanu Abubakar, said.

The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig Gen Mohammed Yerima, could not be reached for comments on when the soldier was dismissed, and why he was not handed over to the police for trial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EndSARS: Protesters In New York Want SARS Operatives Sacked

 Hundreds of young anti-SARS protesters on Sunday stormed the Nigeria House in New York demanding transparency in the disbandment of the police unit back home. The protesters said operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad found wanting should be sacked and not redeployed. Among them was Stephen “Papi” Ojo, the artist, model, and choreographer who stole the show as the ‘blue-guy’ in Beyoncé’s “Already” music video. The protest started shortly after the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, announced the dissolution of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad. Adamu also announced plans for a new arrangement to address anticipated policing gaps following the disbandment, and the constitution of an investigative team to probe the alleged cases of rights violations, among others. But the protesters, who bore placards with different inscriptions including, “We no want audio ban”, said they were not buying it. They argued that previous commitments announced by the force to change...

How Soldiers Police Fled Abandoning Delta Community Residents During Bloody Robbery Incident

There was pandemonium in Issele-Uku branch, headquarters of Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta state on Tuesday as some armed robbers attacked a branch of United Bank for Africa (UBA) in the town. A eyewitness said the robbers gained entrance into the bank after using explosives suspected to be dynamite to blast the bullet-proof door.  According to the eyewitness, the robbers spent over one hour on the operation. He disclosed that no fewer than four persons were killed in the robbery attack. The eyewitness said security operatives around the area refused to show up until the robbers had left. “This attack is a reoccurring one in the community. Yesterday, they robbed for an hour and the police didn't show up, neither did the army nor the community vigilantes until they left, that was when they showed up as usual. “I counted about four bodies, the police station is about a minute drive from the scene of the robbery, while the NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) orientation ...

Biden Announces Purchase Of 200M Vaccine Doses

  President Joe Biden announced a series of measures on Tuesday aimed at ramping up coronavirus vaccine allocation and distribution, including the purchase of 200 million more vaccine doses and increased distribution to states by millions of doses next week. With those additional doses, Biden said there would be enough to fully vaccinate 300 million Americans -- nearly the entire US population -- by the end of summer or early fall. He described efforts to combat Covid-19 as a "wartime undertaking." We now have a national strategy to beat Covid-19. It's comprehensive. It's based on science, not politics. It's based on truth, not denial, and it is detailed," he said. As part of the new efforts announced Tuesday, the US will buy 100 million more doses from Pfizer/BioNTech and 100 million more from Moderna -- the two-dose vaccines that have been granted emergency use authorization by the US Food and Drug Administration. Pfizer and Moderna are working to step up p...