Skip to main content

Fulani Kidnappers In Ondo Use Generators , Play Music Inside The Forest

A farmer in Ijugbere axis of Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State who identified himself as Adedayo  says Fulani herdsmen kidnapping in the area have generators and play music inside the forest where they hide their hostages.


 

Speaking to SaharaReporters on Monday, Adedayo condemned the killing of three farmers in the area during the weekend.

He said the herdsmen invaded their farm around 7 pm on Saturday and descended on the farmers, killing three while he and others ran away from the farm. 

The farmer said the incident had created tension in the area with some residents fleeing the community.

He said, When they kidnap, they bring people to the forest. Now, they have generators, play music in the forest. We are in a serious problem. 

“People should take away politics from what is happening currently, they should just forget about politics, otherwise, we are in for serious trouble if nothing is done.”

Last month, Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of the state, issued a seven-day quit notice to the herdsmen operating illegally in the state’s forest reserves.

Apart from ejecting the herdsmen, the governor also banned underage grazing, night grazing, and movement of cattle within the cities and on highways.

The governor had said, "Today, we have taken major steps at addressing the root cause of kidnapping, in particular, and other nefarious activities detailed and documented in security reports, the press, and debriefings from victims of kidnap cases in Ondo State.

"As the chief law and security officer of the state, it is my constitutional obligation to do everything lawful to protect the lives and property of all residents of the state. In light of the foregoing, the following orders are hereby issued: All forest reserves in the state are to be vacated by herdsmen within the next seven days with effect from today, Monday, January 18, 2021."


The issue generated an uproar and after a meeting with different stakeholders, Akeredolu asked herdsmen to register with the government so that they can operate unhindered in the forest reserves. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EndSARS: Protesters In New York Want SARS Operatives Sacked

 Hundreds of young anti-SARS protesters on Sunday stormed the Nigeria House in New York demanding transparency in the disbandment of the police unit back home. The protesters said operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad found wanting should be sacked and not redeployed. Among them was Stephen “Papi” Ojo, the artist, model, and choreographer who stole the show as the ‘blue-guy’ in Beyoncé’s “Already” music video. The protest started shortly after the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, announced the dissolution of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad. Adamu also announced plans for a new arrangement to address anticipated policing gaps following the disbandment, and the constitution of an investigative team to probe the alleged cases of rights violations, among others. But the protesters, who bore placards with different inscriptions including, “We no want audio ban”, said they were not buying it. They argued that previous commitments announced by the force to change...

Police Panel Submits ‘Damning Report’ On Disgraced DCP, Abba Kyari

The  Special Investigation Panel set up by the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, to probe the former Head, Intelligence Response Team, Abba Kyari, a suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, has submitted its report. The four-man panel headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike, submitted its findings to the IG on Monday. Information from a reliable source states that the panel submitted ‘damning findings’ in its report, although the DCP continued to prove innocence in the face of the accusations.  The source had yet to reveal further details of the report. The United States Attorney’s Office, Central District of California, had issued an arrest warrant against Kyari for his alleged links to the suspected fraudster, Ramon Olorunwa Abbas, alias Hushpuppi, who is standing trial for various offences that include internet fraud and money laundering. Hushpuppi has since pleaded guilty to the char...

Gov. Dave Umahi Arrests Journalist Over Facebook Post

Ebonyi State Police have arrested and detained journalist  Godfrey Chikwere  on the orders of the state governor David Umahi over Facebook posts. The journalist was arrested by the police during the weekend following a petition by the government accusing him of “hate speech, incisive publication and cyberbullying.” “I write to inform your esteemed office as follows: That on the 8th day of October, 2021 at about 14:44 hours, one Godfrey Chikwere with phone number 080615707** did publish fake news and incisive post on Facebook profile called Godfrey Chikwere and other media platforms and stated as follows: Nigerian Army is seriously and willingly losing respect. “That on the same 8th of October, 2021, Godfrey Chikwere in the Facebook profile made a dangerous and disturbing publication and stated as follows: ‘They (politicians) can pay a youth to murder a perceived political enemy but they can’t give such youth money to start a business.’ “That this false, fake and incisive publi...